|Reposted from MyBuys newsletter
Five Insights from Black Friday & Cyber Monday:2013’s busiest week of holiday shopping saw accelerated growth in online sales and more consumers interacting across multiple channels and devices, industry-wide. Here are the five biggest year over year trends that we observed this Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
- More consumers purchased at higher order values in 2013 than in 2012. On average, Black Friday average order values increased by 14%, year over year. Order volume also increased around 50% over the holiday weekend vs. 2012.
- Email played a huge role in driving conversions this Black Friday. Orders originating from emails doubled this Black Friday vs. Black Friday 2012, and accounted for more than 11% of all purchases.
- Mobile traffic doubled. Overall mobile traffic doubled this year compared to 2012 on both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Mobile shoppers interacted through phones and tablets evenly. Of the mobile traffic observed on Black Friday, 52% came through mobile phones and 48% through tablets. Cyber Monday mobile traffic landed a 50/50 split on the phone vs. tablet breakdown.
- Consumer engagement is up! While unique visitors remained constant year over year, 2013 Black Friday traffic was up 35%. Likewise, unique visitors on Cyber Monday increased by four percent while overall traffic increased by 41%.
- Individuals spent more time online. Since unique visitors were the same, those people spent a lot more time online than last year. And they purchased a lot more online than last year.
- Your web site must support both smart phones and tablets.
We can help you do that. Call us at 847-382-6866.